Asian-Style Halibut Dinner Packets
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 2-inch long pieces of gingerroot
- 3 green onions, slivered
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each rice wine vinegar and low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen edamame (soy beans), shelled and thawed
- 2 cups (500 mL) instant U.S. long grain rice, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby bok choy, divided
- 4 6 oz (175 g) halibut fillets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sprigs of cilantro
- In saucepan, bring broth, gingerroot, onions, chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, oil and edamame to boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange 1/2 cup (125 mL) of uncooked rice in the centre of a 15-inch (40 cm) square of foil paper. Arrange 1/2 cup (125 mL) of bok choy over rice and top with a halibut fillet. Repeat 3 times to make four packets. Form a “bowl” with foil. Ladle 1/4 of broth mixture over each packet and fold edges together to form a sealed parcel.
- Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the centre of a 375 F (190 C) oven until the vegetables are tender, rice is cooked and fish flakes when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Arrange on dinner plates and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and sprigs of cilantro as a finishing touch.