Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy cream (35% M.F)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked USA Rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh basil
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground white pepper
- Fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel. Remove mushroom stems; finely chop stems and set aside.
- In skillet, sauté mushroom caps in butter until almost tender; drain on paper towels. Add mushroom stems and red pepper to skillet; sauté until tender.
- Add cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add cheese; cook until melted. Stir in rice, basil and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon rice mixture into mushroom caps. Place mushroom caps in greased shallow baking pan. Cover and bake at 350ºF (180ºC) 10 minutes or until tender. Drain on paper towels. Garnish stuffed mushrooms with basil.