Cranberry Pear Rice Crisp
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked brown USA rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced peeled pears
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) flour, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) flaked coconut
- Combine rice, pears, cranberries, 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar and 2 tbsp (25 mL) flour. Place rice mixture in a 2-quart (2-L) baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, remaining sugar and oats in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add pecans and coconut; blend well. Sprinkle over rice mixture. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm.
To microwave, prepare as directed using 2-quart (2 L) baking dish. Cook on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes, rotating dish once during cooking time. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.