Creamy Curry Carrot Comfort
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 2-3 tsp (10-15 mL) curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 4-1/2 cups (1.25 L) chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked long grain USA rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- In large stockpot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Blend in curry powder and salt, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add onion and carrots; cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor. Add 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) broth to vegetables; blend but don’t purée.
- Return mixture to stockpot; stir in remaining broth and rice. Heat over medium-high heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream.