Easy Brown Rice Chicken Burrito Bowl with Charred Corn
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coconut oil, melted
- 1 can (15 oz / 440 mL) corn kernels
- 2 cups (500 mL) U.S. brown rice, cooked
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and cubed
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- small handful of cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large non-stick skillet or Dutch oven heat a bit of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add corn kernels and sauté until charred, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In two bowls, place 1 cup (250 mL) of rice in each bowl.
- Arrange half of the chicken on top of each bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp (45 mL) of salsa or more to each bowl.
- Arrange half of the avocado slices in each bowl.
- Add charred corn to each bowl.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese and cilantro leaves (optional).
- Serve with a lime wedge.