Gorgonzola Lemon Rice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL)fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz (125 g)Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL)cooked U.S. rice
- 2 cups (500 mL)fresh spinach leaves, torn and lightly-packed
- 2 tsp (10 mL)lemon zest
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in cheese and continue to stir frequently until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Stir in cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in spinach just before serving. Garnish with lemon zest.