Grilled Chicken Salad
- 3/4 lb (375 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diagonally sliced zucchini
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked USA Rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 jar (6 oz/170 g) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) fresh snow peas, blanched
- ½ medium red pepper, cubed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light Italian salad dressing
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken with black pepper; grill or broil until no pink remains. Add zucchini during last 5 minutes of grilling or broiling. Cover and chill chicken and zucchini.
- Cut chicken into thin slices and chop zucchini. In medium bowl, combine rice, zucchini, artichokes, snow peas and red pepper. Whisk together dressing and basil. Pour over salad; toss lightly. Arrange chicken slices on top.