Healthy Bibimbap Rice Bowl
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts, blanched
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sesame seeds
- 4 cups (1 L) baby kale and arugula mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 lb (225 g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked short grain U.S. brown rice
- 1 Sheet nori
- In a small bowl, combine radishes, carrot, sugar and cider vinegar. Let marinate for 1/2 hr.
- Stir together bean sprouts, garlic chili sauce, sesame oil and seeds.
- In a large skillet, sauté kale and arugula with oil over high heat. Transfer to a bowl.
- In same skillet, cook beef with shiitake slices and garlic over high heat.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs in a medium pot of simmering water.
- Arrange 3/4 cup rice in the middle of 4 bowls, top each with 1/4 portion carrot and radish pickle, 1/4 of bean sprouts, 1/4 kale and arugula, 1/4 beef and shiitake and 1 poached egg.
- With scissors, cut nori into thin strips and sprinkle over bowls.
Serve with additional hot sauce to taste