Honey Rice Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) liquid honey
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1-2/3 cups (400 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- In a large bowl, add rice, butter, egg, honey and milk. In separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Stir rice mixture into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tin, filling cups 3/4 full. Bake in 400ºF (200ºC) oven 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove muffins from tin and cool.