Italian Sausage and Mushroom Rice
- 1/2 lb (250 mL) sweet Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced green onions
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. rice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned. Drain most of liquid; return meat to skillet. Add mushrooms, carrot, and onion; cook 2 minutes. In small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour egg mixture over sausage/vegetables. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and cheese, stirring to separate grains. Heat 2 minutes. Serve immediately.