Lemon and Rice Mousse
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) lemon-flavoured gelatin
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold water
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked USA rice, chilled
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) whipped topping
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 tbsp (25 mL) grated lemon peel
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In large glass bowl, combine gelatin and boiling water and stir until dissolved; add cold water. Place bowl in ice water and stir until gelatin is consistency of unbeaten egg whites; stir in rice.
- Fold in whipped topping until smooth. Lightly fold in almonds, cherries and lemon peel. Continue to gently stir until thickened. Pour into serving dishes. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh lemon slices.