Lentil-Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red lentils
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) rice milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked white or brown rice
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mashed pumpkin (not pie filling)
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine lentils, milk and cinnamon and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are soft, about 15 minutes. Stir in rice and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to blender or food processor and process with banana and pumpkin until smooth.