Mango Beef and Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 lb (250 g) trimmed boneless beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- half onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- half red pepper, thinly sliced
- half mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked, U.S. long grain white rice
- 6 to 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- Fresh cilantro sprigs or slivered green onions
- In a medium sized bowl, toss beef strips with cornstarch until well coated.
- In large a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and sear on all sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- In same skillet, add onion, cooking until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger, red chili flakes, soy sauce and vinegar; cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add red pepper, mango and beef. Cook, until sauce thickens enough to coat beef, about 5 minutes.
- To serve: Spoon rice into a lettuce leaf and top with some of the beef mixture. Top with fresh cilantro or green onions if desired.