Maple Walnut Rice Cakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked, U.S. long grain white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- Additional maple syrup
- Chopped fresh fruit (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk and maple syrup; stir in rice, rice flour, walnuts, salt and cinnamon.
- Brush a large, nonstick skillet with some of the butter and set over medium heat. Working in batches, spoon 1/3 cup (75 mL) of rice mixture per cake into the skillet. Press lightly with the back of the spatula to flatten.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until set and bottoms are golden. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Repeat, brushing skillet with butter as needed, until all the rice mixture is used. Serve with additional maple syrup and fresh fruit (if using).