Salmon Pistachio Rice Salad
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) cooked red or black japonica rice
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, torn
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced spring onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5-1/2 oz (150 g) smoked salmon, sliced into short strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped pistachio nuts
- In medium pan, heat vegetable oil; add zucchini and brown on each side. Season with salt and set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, water and pepper. Add zucchini, rice, lettuce, onions, parsley, salmon and nuts; toss.