Simply Stir-Fried Rice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) peanut or canola oil, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked meat, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen vegetable, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Garnish: green onion strips
- In small bowl, whisk eggs and sesame oil. In wok or skillet over high heat, heat 1 tbsp [15 mL] oil. Add egg mixture, tilting pan to cover surface. Cook until egg is just set, about 1 minute, transfer to plate. Slice into thin strips.
- Add remaining oil. When oil is very hot, add rice, stir-fry 3 minutes. Add meat, vegetables, salt and pepper; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add green onion, cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat. Gently stir in eggs. Garnish with green onion.