Southwest Salsa Bites
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. brown rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 16 oz (500 mL) jar medium thick and chunky style salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crushed corn tortilla chips
- Additional salsa and sour cream for extra garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (150°C).
- Combine rice and cheese in large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Stir in salsa, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add salsa mixture to rice and cheese; mix well.
- Spray miniature muffin pans with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon approximately 1-1/2 tbsp (20 mL) of rice mixture into each cup, filling to just below the rim. Sprinkle crushed chips over filling, pressing slightly with back of spoon.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.