Sushi Roll Rice Salad
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickling liquid from jarred pickled ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked, U.S. short grain brown rice
- 1/2 lb (250 g) cooked shrimp or sliced crab (Pollock) or salmon or tuna
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 16 cucumber slices
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) wasabi peas
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbed or sliced nori (roasted seaweed)
- In a small bowl, whisk together ginger pickling liquid, vinegar and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In two small bowls, divide rice. Arrange seafood or fish, avocado and cucumber slices decoratively over rice. Drizzle dressing over each.
- Top with wasabi peas and nori.