- 8 large tomatoes
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. rice, hot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- Garnish: Chopped fresh parsley
- Remove tops of tomatoes and scoop out insides; drain upside-down on paper towels.
- In large bowl, combine rice, onion, cheese, oregano and salt. Spoon rice mixture into tomatoes, drizzle with oil and place in a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) baking dish. Bake in 425F (220C) oven until hot, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.