Yummy Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) uncooked white or brown rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fortified rice milk or cow’s milk
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover; reduce heat and cook until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in apple, banana and milk and cook 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
For younger babies process until smooth, adding more milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency.