“Think Delicious, Think Rice Contest”
1. “Contest Period” starts at 6:00 am E.S.T. on Sunday, October 1st, 2017 and continues until 11:59 pm E.S.T. on Tuesday, October 31st, 2017 the “Contest Closing Date”. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries.
(a) To enter, go to riceinfo.com/thinkricecontest and complete the entry ballot in full and submit it as instructed by the Contest Closing Date. Additionally, as noted on the contest sign up page, by following: @USARiceCan on Instagram or Twitter using #ThinkRice17 the entrant’s submission will be entered twice, doubling his/her chance to win. However, following @USARiceCan is not required.
(b) A random draw by a representative of “USA Rice” (Contest Sponsor) and Faye Clack Communications from all entries received and those having correctly answered the skills testing question; as of the Contest Closing Date; will be made at approximately noon on November 3rd, 2017 at 108 A Royal York Road, Toronto Ontario. Selected entrant will be contacted by telephone or email and sent a letter containing all contest details, as set out on the entry form.
(c) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 7 business days following the draw, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected.
2. (a) Participants are eligible to win one (1) of three (3) Grand Prizes having an approximate retail value of $100 each.
(b) Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged.
3. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must have correctly answered the skills testing question and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of prizes.
4. By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by “USA Rice” and its advertising/public relations agencies, without further notice or compensation.
5. This Contest is open to Canadian residents only; who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence excluding residents of Quebec and employees of “USA Rice”, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, Contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
6. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrant.
7. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by “USA Rice”. “USA Rice” takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. “USA Rice” is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of “USA Rice” and will not be returned.
8. “USA Rice” is collecting personal data about entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest. This personal data will not be shared with any external companies, other than those partnering directly with “USA Rice” for the prize offering.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless “USA Rice”, its advertising and Contest agencies and the Contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize. Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, and photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
10. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by “USA Rice”. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
11. (a) “USA Rice” assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Contest. “USA Rice” reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, “USA Rice” reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event of cancellation, “USA Rice” may, in its sole discretion, elect to identify winners and award the prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).