Artichokes Stuffed with Chicken & California Wild Rice
- ½ cupuncooked California wild rice
- 1 ½ cupschicken stock
- 4 mediumglobe artichokes
- 2 cupscooked chicken, diced (about 9 ounces)
- 1 largecelery stalk, diced
- 1 mediumred apple, diced
- 2scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoonstarragon, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 3 tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoonsred wine vinegar
- 1Dijon mustard
- Season withSalt and pepper, to taste
- Combine California Wild Rice and chicken stock in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, about 45 to 50 minutes. Drain excess if necessary and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Trim stems, lower leaves and tops from artichokes. Add artichokes to boiling water, add salt if desired. Reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook until a petal near the center pulls out easily, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool completely. Halve each artichoke lengthwise, scraping out the fuzzy choke. Set halves aside.
- Add chicken, celery, apple, scallion and tarragon to wild rice. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar until combined. Pour over rice mixture and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and divide mixture over artichoke halves.