Arugula and Rice Salad
Rice and Arugua Salad:
- ½ cup U.S.-grown black rice, cooked
- 1 cup U.S.-grown basmati, cooked
- 4 cups baby arugula, washed
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ½ cup almond slices, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sour cherries, dried and chopped
- ⅓ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest curls
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon salt, kosher
- pinch black pepper, ground
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cook black rice and basmati rice according to package directions, cool and reserve for later use.
- Combine all lemon dressing ingredients except oil in blender. With blender running, drizzle in oil to emulsify. Set dressing aside.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in large mixing bowl. Add lemon dressing to preference.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest curls