Basil Tomato Rice Salad
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh basil leaves*
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. rice, cooled to room temperature
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
*Substitute 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil for fresh.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add rice, tomatoes, cucumber and onion; toss.
- Serve chilled.