BLT Power Bowl
- 1 cup (250 mL)15-minute brown rice
- 2 cups (500 mL)broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)Everything bagel seasoning
- 8 stripscooked bacon
- 2 cups (500 mL)shredded lettuce
- 1plum tomato, diced
- 4hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL)canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1avocado, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL)shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)low fat mayonnaise
- Everything Bagel rice: In a medium-sized saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, mix together rice, broth and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside covered for 10 minutes.
- Split rice evenly between 4 bowls. Top with crumbled bacon, shredded lettuce, tomato, hard-cooked egg, black beans, avocado and cheese. Drizzle with mayonnaise and sprinkle with a touch of the seasoning.
Tip: To make Everything Bagel seasoning, in a small jar mix together: 2 tbsp (30 mL) black sesame seeds, 2 tbsp (30 mL) white sesame seeds, 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced dried garlic, 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried onion flakes, 1 tsp (5 mL) salt. Shake to combine all ingredients and use as needed.