Brown Rice BBQ Chickpea Bowl
- 2 cups (500 ml) USA-grown brown rice
- 1 small bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (125 ml) BBQ sauce
- 1 can (12 oz/340 ml) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 pint (473 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 4 meal prep lunch containers
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and divide evenly over four meal prep containers.
- While rice is cooking, wash and prepare the broccoli for steaming. Bring ½ cup (125 mL) of water to boil in a large pot with a steamer insert.
- Place broccoli in steamer basket, and place insert over your pot. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes until broccoli is bright green and tender. Remove from heat and divide between your containers.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chickpeas and BBQ sauce to warm through – about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, divide and arrange your chickpeas between your containers.
- Divide your can of corn between the four servings, do the same with your cherry tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to finish (optional).
- Place your finished meal prepped rice bowls in the fridge for easy lunches all week. Simply reheat in the microwave for about a minute at work or at home.