Carrot Turmeric Rice Soup
- 1 tbspbutter or oil of choice
- 1 spanmedium onion, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cupspeeled or scrubbed carrots, chopped (about 6 carrots)
- ¼ cupuncooked white rice
- 6 cupsvegetable broth
- 1 tspground turmeric
Option: If you have leftover rice of any type, add ½ cup into the soup when you add the turmeric, after blending.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until softened. Add the carrots and rice and stir to combine. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until carrots and rice are tender. Cool slightly.
- Carefully transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Alternatively, carefully blend with an immersion blender in the pan. If you used a blender, return to pan and add turmeric and additional cooked rice if desired. Warm through over medium heat and serve.