Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked USA Rice, cooled
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked cubed chicken or turkey
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, combine rice, chicken, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, basil, salt, cayenne pepper, eggs and milk. Spread into greased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan. Top with cheeses.
- Bake in 350º F (180°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted near centre comes out clean. To serve, cut into 8 squares.