- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked hot or reheated USA short grain white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry jam
- 32 heart-shaped chocolate chips (optional)
- Raspberries and blueberries to garnish
- Blend together hot rice, cream cheese, and cherry* jam with a hand blender or small food processor until smooth.
- Spoon mix into heart shaped silicone candy molds* and freeze for 1 hr. Pop bites out of mould to serve. (At this step, the bites can be kept frozen in an air-tight container for up to three months. Thaw in refrigerator before proceeding to step three.)
- Warm bites in the microwave for 30 seconds on high to soften the rice starch for optimal texture. Top each heart with a heart shaped chocolate chip, if desired, and serve garnished with fresh berries.*
*alternately, form the mixture into a 1/2-inch-thick slab wrapped in plastic wrap. Freeze and cut with a knife or desired cookie cutter shape. Any jam can be used.