Chicken and Rice à l’Orange
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked U.S. rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) orange juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced almonds
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced green onions
- Orange slices, for garnish
- In medium saucepan, combine rice, orange juice, water and salt. Bring to boil, stirring once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, in large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter. Add almonds; cook and stir until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove almonds and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in skillet. Add chicken; cook for about 5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Add orange marmalade to skillet and stir to coat chicken. To serve, spoon rice onto plate, top with chicken. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and green onions.