Cilantro Green Rice
- 1 large bunch cilantro (about 4 cups/1 L)
- ½ cup (125 mL) roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sambal oelek or chili paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 6 cups (1.5 L) hot cooked USA Long Grain Brown Rice
- Trim and discard 1” inch (2.5 cm) from cilantro stems. Rinse cilantro thoroughly and chop coarsely. In a food processor, combine cilantro, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, parmesan, garlic, sambal and salt. Pulse to a coarse paste, occasionally scraping down sides. Add olive oil and pulse a few more times.
- Stir mixture into hot rice and serve.