Citrus Chicken Stir Fry Wraps
- 2 cups (500 mL)trimmed, cut into small pieces, broccoli (may use frozen)
- 1 lb (500 g)boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)canola oil
- 6green onions, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)water
- 1orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 cup (250 mL)cooked, U.S. long grain brown rice
- 410-inch (25 cm) flax seed whole grain wraps
- 8sprigs, fresh cilantro
- In a small glass bowl, microwave broccoli until tender crisp, about 3 minutes. (If using frozen, thaw by placing broccoli in a colander and running it under hot tap water for about 30 seconds). Drain.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch until coated. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. In the same skillet, add green onion, garlic, hoisin, water, oranges and broccoli. Cook until onions soften and sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet and remove from heat.
- To assemble: divide rice over the middle third of each wrap. Arrange chicken mixture over top and place cilantro over each. Fold in sides and roll to enclose the filling. Can be served warm, room temperature or cold.