Country Breakfast Cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 cups (550 mL) water
- Milk or cream
- Honey or brown sugar
- Fresh fruit or toasted nuts
- In 2- to 3-quart (2 to 3 L) saucepan, combine rice, butter, salt, raisins and cinnamon with water. Bring to a boil; stir once. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 40 to 50 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork. Serve with milk, honey, and fresh fruit.