- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped carrots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped zucchini
- 1 cored, seeded and finely diced red chili pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped eggplant
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked USA long grain rice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; cook the onions and carrots together until tender crisp. Add garlic and cook one minute more. Stir in zucchini, chili and eggplant; add the diced tomatoes. Simmer over low heat about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, parsley and mix well.
- Transfer to a large sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Place on BBQ at medium-high heat for 10 minutes turning once or, in saucepan, cover and place in oven for 7 to 12 minutes at 325 F (160 C). Serve while hot.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jon Paudler, Alberta