Frittata Rice Bites
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) cooked white or brown USA Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- In large skillet, cook zucchini, red pepper and garlic in oil 1 to 2 minutes; stir in rice. Cool; stir in cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly among 12 lightly greased non-stick muffin cups, press down well.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and seasoning; pour evenly among muffin cups. Bake at 350°F (180°C) 25 minutes or until set. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.