Fruity Brown Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat-free milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick cooking (instant) brown rice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) table salt
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries, stems removed
- 2 small peaches, sliced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) honey
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk and 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water to boil.
- Add rice and salt. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- When rice is done, stir in banana, blueberries and peaches. Divide among 4 bowls and drizzle with honey.
Recipe courtesy of www.weightwatchers.ca.