Fudgy Cherry Brown Rice Squares
- ¾ cup (175 mL) chopped 70% dark chocolate (about 5 oz/140 g)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) almond butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. long grain brown rice
- ½ cup (125 mL) dried tart cherries
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dried tart cherries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) goji berries
- 2 tsp (10 mL) hemp hearts
- Combine chocolate, coconut oil, and almond butter in a medium heatproof bowl and place over a small saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted and combined, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, wiping dry bottom of bowl and set aside
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse 2 cups (500 mL) rice into finely chopped grains; add remaining rice and cherries; pulse until cherries are finely chopped. Stir into chocolate mixture and spread into a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, cherries, pumpkin seeds, goji berries and hemp hearts.
- Let chill to set at least 3 hours or overnight.