Golden Rice & Beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)butter
- 1 smallonion, diced
- 2 clovesgarlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)each turmeric, cardamom, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL)jasmine rice
- 2 cups (500 mL)Big Batch Beef
- 2 cups (250 mL)beef broth
- 1 cup (250 mL)frozen green beans
- 1 cup (250 mL)mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp (5 mL)butter
- 1 cup (250 mL)carrot matchsticks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)honey
- Pinch salt
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onions, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until just brown. Stir in garlic, turmeric, cardamom, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice and Big Batch Beef. Cook for 1 minute. Pour in broth. Bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in green and mixed beans. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Honeyed carrots: Meanwhile, in a small skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, honey and salt for
3 minutes. Stir carrot and honey sauce into the rice dish once it has finished standing for the 10 minutes.