Grecian Rice Salad
- 2 cups (500 mL) Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) fresh dill, chopped
- Fresh or dried oregano, to taste
- 9 cups (2.25 L) cooked USA brown rice
- 12 cups (3 L) lettuce, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) diced green pepper, diced red pepper
- 1 lb (450 g) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) ripe olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 doz hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- In small bowl, whisk together dressing, lemon juice, dill and oregano. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup (250 mL) prepared dressing and cooked rice. Arrange lettuce on each individual plate and spoon 3/4 cup (375 mL) rice mixture on top.
- Arrange vegetables separately around rice. Top with feta cheese, olives and eggs. Serve additional dressing on side.