Green Tea Power Protein Rice Bowl
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) U.S. brown rice
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 broccoli crown
- 1 cup (250 mL) edamame shelled
- 1 cup (250 mL) edamame
- Bring your water to a boil and cook your rice (check the box for the rice and water ratio). Tip: When you cook your rice, boil the water with the tea bag in it before adding the rice so the tea can cook into the rice better
- While the water is boiling, you can bake your chicken (seasoned to your preference) or cook it on the stove top on a cast iron. If you choose to oven bake your chicken, bake it at 400F for around 20 minutes.
- Bring another pot of water to boil and once it’s boiled, lower the heat to medium and place your broccoli and edamame in to cook (leave it uncovered).
- Tada! In the twenty minutes it takes for your rice to cook, you have your chicken done and your veggies. Serve right away or pack it for your work lunch.