Japanese Chicken Salad
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked USA long-grain rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked wild rice, cooled
- 12 oz (350 g) chicken breast fillets, cooked and cubed
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 8 plums, sliced
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh grated ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salad leaves
- In large mixing bowl, combine long-grain and wild rice, chicken, green onions and sliced plums. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and salt and pepper; pour over rice mixture and toss lightly. Chill until served. Serve on a bed of fresh salad leaves.