Kimchi Fried Rice
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) uncooked US-Grown Jasmine Rice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) kimchi, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) kimchi juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) gochujang hot pepper paste
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse the US-Grown jasmine rice, then cook according to package directions.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large high-sided pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the kimchi and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cooked rice, kimchi juice, vegetable stock and gochujang and cook, stirring often, for 7 to 8 minutes with a wooden spoon.
- While the rice is frying, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and melt the butter. When melted, crack in the eggs and fry until cooked over-easy.
- Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the sesame oil and chopped green onions.
- Portion the rice into bowls, then top with a fried egg and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Delicious!