Layered Rice Pesto and Pepper Bake
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. rice
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 4 oz (125 g) crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 10 oz (300 g) roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- In medium bowl, combine rice, 1-1/2 cups [375 mL] Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spray 7-inch [1.5 L] diameter soufflé dish or springform pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Place 1/2 of rice mixture in bottom of prepared dish; pat down well. Spread 1/4 cup [50 mL] of pesto evenly over rice and sprinkle with 2 oz [60 g] of goat cheese. Layer 5 oz [150 g] of red peppers over goat cheese. Repeat with above layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup [50 mL] Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake in 400°F [200°C] oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Dish may be assembled ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. Uncover to bake.