Lemon Blueberry Rice Pudding Parfait
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S. rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Cook over medium-low heat until thick and creamy (8 to 10 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and rice. Cool. Fold in 1 cup (250 mL) of the whipped cream. Alternate layers of blueberries and rice pudding in parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and blueberries.