- 4 (14.5-ounce) canschicken broth, divided
- 2large lemons, juiced and zested
- 3 cupscooked rice, divided
- 1 cupheavy cream
- 375gpackages precooked grilled chicken strips, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cupchives, chopped
- Season withsalt and ground black pepper, to taste
- *chives, for garnish
- *lemon peel, for garnish
- Heat broth, reserving ¼ cup, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Meanwhile, zest lemon peel; set aside. Juice lemons; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1 ½ cups cooked rice, heavy cream and remaining ¼ cup broth; process until smooth. Add rice mixture, remaining cooked rice, lemon juice and chicken strips to broth. Simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Add chopped chives; cook 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon peel and chives, if desired.