Mushroom & Leek Rice Casserole
- 1 tbspbutter or oil
- 1yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- 2 cupscremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 cupwhite button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 cupsof prepared leek (approx. 1 leek stalk)
- 2 cupsuncooked white rice
- 4 cupsvegetable stock
- 2 sprigsof fresh thyme
- ½ cupgrated cheddar cheese
Optional: 4 cooked sausages or 1 cup of cooked meat like chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease pan with butter or oil.
- In the bottom of a 9×11 pan or large square roasting pan, mix onion, garlic mushrooms, leeks, rice. Pour stock evenly on the pan. Tuck in pieces of meat evenly around the mixture. Sprinkle with thyme leaves
(if desired add extra on the top for garnish.) Evenly sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven uncovered for 50-60 minutes, until cooked and liquid is absorbed.