One Pot Greek Chicken Spanakorizo
- ¼ cup (50 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each sea salt and pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili flakes
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) U.S. long grain brown rice
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped parsley
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp zest, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper and chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium high heat, sear chicken pieces on both sides to a golden brown; remove to plate. In same pot sauté onion, garlic, oregano and chili flakes with 1 tbsp oil until onions are softened, stir in rice.
- Add broth, wine and remaining lemon juice; bring to a boil. Stir in spinach, reduce heat to a low simmer and top with chicken pieces. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 40-45 minutes undisturbed until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender.
- Stir in 1 tbsp zest, feta, oregano and parsley just before serving.