Orange Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bowl
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 2 thinly sliced carrots
- 1 sliced medium onion
- 1 each sliced yellow and red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange zest
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked brown rice
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large skillet or wok; stir fry chicken until lightly browned; remove.
- In same skillet heat remaining oil; stir fry vegetables and ginger 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Combine chicken broth, orange juice and zest, soy sauce and cornstarch in bowl and stir until smooth. Add to skillet, stirring constantly. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through. Spoon over or toss with hot rice.