Pepperoni & Rice Pockets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian seasoning
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked U.S.rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg (283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- In large skillet, cook onion and green pepper in oil for 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Stir in pizza sauce, Italian seasoning and black pepper; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in rice, pepperoni and Parmesan cheese; cool.
- Roll pizza dough flat to thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm). Cut into 6 squares. Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 mL) filling in centre of each square. Fold into triangle and press edges with fork; brush tops with egg. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.