Persian Rice Salad
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cooked basmati or long grain USA Rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each: grated lemon rind and lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cucumbers, halved, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered red onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh mint or dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 cups (2.5 L) mixed salad greens or mesclun mix
- Red onion slices, for garnish
- Fresh mint or dill sprigs, for garnish
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except salad greens. Stir to mix well; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until serving.
- Divide salad greens among 6 plates; top each with 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) rice mixture. Garnish with onion slices and a mint or dill sprig.